Monday, January 30, 2012

Arrival in London

Arrival in London

I saw lots of amazing things while I was in London. I had a lot of time to tour central London because I got there around 9:00 in the morning and couldn’t check in until 3:00pm. I especially liked Hyde Park because it was full of gorgeous flower displays and statues… not to mention it was free which an uncommon occurrence in London. Here are some of the pictures; sorry these ones of Hyde Park aren’t such good quality I took them on my Itouch.


 

This is a statue of Prince Albert that Queen Victoria resurrected in his honor

Here are some other pictures from London


Buckingham Palace
Westminster Abbey, I attended a service here and the choir was fantastic

 

Big Ben



It was very difficult to capture this Church in a photo, it was huge! And it was built in 36 years over 200 year ago.


Yes this is a statue of George Washington in Great Britain



Tower bridge
This Roman wall is about 1,800 years old, its the eldest monument in London

Ok well that's all for now, I am currently in St. Petersburg now and have gone on several expeditions. I'll post those pictures and stories a bit later. As one might have guessed this orientation week has been very busy and there has not been too much leisure time, but I will post again as soon as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment