Sunday, April 1, 2012

Moscow!

Well spring break has been over for a week now, but between applying for an internship and catching up with my studies I haven't had anytime to blog so its time to catch up on things.

MOSCOW

On March 22nd Friday nigh that we took a night train that took us straight to Moscow, the ride was surprisingly pleasant and I sleep the whole way there.  here are some of the pictures I took on the first day.

Bolshoi Theather


Red building in the Kremlin


Lenins mausoleum



Going inside the mausoleum was pretty strange. First the security was very intense, you have to go through the metal dectors as usual, but afterwards you are met with some very stern guards who check your bag and make you leave an mobile or camera devices behind. There are guards in every room as well once you go inside. Its also very dark in the masouleum which makes it difficult to see where you are going. Eventually you arrive at the room where Lennin is and you in are not allowed to stop in front of the body so you cannot look at it for too long.  However from what I can tell the body looks very well preserved (if it is infact his real body, which is deffinately questionable). Once you leave you see several statues of important Communist figures, the last one is a bust of Stalin whose eyes follow you..an unsual experience, but I would say it was worth doing.

Creepy Stalin Statue (I couldnt take a picture, so I used one from onnline)

Saint Basils Cathedral


Cathedral of Christ the Savior


Krushevs resting place


Circus



Bear catching hoops


 

Walrus!



Here is a video of the bear on the motorcycle


Ok well that basically captures Moscow, my next entry will be about my time in Prague and Bratislava.

No comments:

Post a Comment